Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Tutorial....Wednesday


Total slacker and a day late for Tuesday Tutorial, but I have been busy sewing and crafting! Be sure to check out our shop this week, we will be adding some cute new things :)

Dishtowel Potholder Apron for kids

My SIL made these adorable aprons for my kids and I wanted to make some of my own. They make such cute gifts for kids. Add a kid cookbook and a little wooden spoon, and you have a cute gift set!
The apron my SIL made


I bought my dishtowel and potholder at Target, they are easter and cute! I was not good about taking pictures while I was sewing...sorry!

First cut your dishtowel to the desired length that you want it. Then gather the top until it is the same length as the potholder.

Sew the dishtowel (where it is gathered), to the bottom of the potholder. Sew your ribbon onto the bottom of the potholder and the top of the dishtowel. Make sure to make the ribbon long enough to be able to tie around the child's waist.

On the top of the potholder, sew a piece of ribbon. This will go around the child's neck. Then on the back of the potholder, sew a little piece of velcro. On the other side of the ribbon (the one not attached to the potholder), attach the other piece of velcro.


And your done! EASY and FAST :)

3 comments:

Mandy and Glen Lindstrom said...

Super cute idea! I will have to try that out for one of Lorelai's friends for their birthday.

Amy said...

That is so awesome.

MaRiN said...

That is too cute! I'm totally making one for my little girl. (found you on SITS, by the way)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...